HOT SPOTS & IRRITATED SKIN
Pet parents must pay close attention to environmental, dietary and situational ailments irritating your pet’s skin such as: allergies, fleas, tick bites, matted/thick/dirty coats, sun burn, wet dogs, or anal sac disease. These ailments can cause you pet to chew, lick, bite, and scratch those areas – at times – to no avail, which can become very painful and dangerous for your pet. Sometimes chewing can even be prompted by boredom. Hot spots and inflammation can occur quite rapidly after a pet starts itching, biting and licking these affected areas – which will prompt the development of painful, red, and moist irritated lesions. These lesions are called hot spots, also known as acute moist dermatitis, and must be treated immediately.
TIPS FOR PREVENTING HOT SPOTS
- Groom your dog regularly and keep hair clipped short.
- Use flea & tick products recommended by your vet.
- Keep your pet active and healthy. Feed a good diet, and provide lots of exercise and play time to prevent boredom.
- Dry your pet completely after a bath, and clean and dry pet after a swim in the lake or ocean.
It’s important to determine the cause of the underlying issue, thus you should consult your veterinarian if hot spots become a persistent problem. In between vet visits, Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief line provides Hydrocortisone, a corticosteroid to control itching and inflammation while Lidocaine, an OTC analgesic reduces pain.
Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Shampoo was scientifically formulated with hydrocortisone and lidocaine to effectively relieve itching, scratching and pain due to hot spots and other skin irritations. Effectively calms inflamed skin & irritated skin while discouraging severe chewing & gnawing. For the relief of dermatological skin conditions and associated discomfort. Lidocaine & Hydrocortisone reduce itching, redness and swelling. Colloidal Oatmeal & Aloe Vera provide soothing & moisturizing comfort. Formulated with Lactic Acid to help advance penetration of healing & soothing ingredients. pH balanced.
For maximum relief, condition with Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Medicated Conditioner. Use Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Spray between baths to relieve symptoms and help speed healing. For topical use only on dogs and cats.
- Colloidal Oatmeal: Mild, natural moisturizer to treat or prevent dry, itchy, scaly, rough skin and minor skin irritations. Softens and moisturizes skin while decreasing itching and flaking.
- Hydrocortisone: Anti-inflammatory agent to help accelerate pets’ natural healing process while preventing the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. Provides relief from pain and itching as well as reduces itching, redness, and swelling.
- Lidocaine: A highly effective anesthetic, provides immediate topical relief from pain associated with minor skin irritations and rashes due to flea bites, poison ivy, hot spots, allergies, and more. Mitigates pain associated with the irritated area.
- Paraben-Free: Parabens have been found to mimic estrogen in the body- and when levels are disrupted, a link has developed with breast cancer & reproductive issues. All our formulas are Paraben-Free, to promote the safety, well-being and health of your pet.
- pH Balanced: Pet’s sensitive skin requires pH balanced treatment. Human shampoos are formulated at a lower pH (more acidic) -and should not be used on your pet.
- Soap-Free: Only the gentlest, naturally derived cleansers are used in our formulas. Contains no harsh soaps or damaging detergents.
Spot–on-Safe: Will not remove topical spot-on flea & tick treatments.
- Shampoo relieves skin conditions and hot spots. Common causes are weakened immune system, allergies and insect bites.
- Symptoms of these conditions are itchy, swollen, redness, warm/hot to the touch, moist, bloody and sometimes pus.
- Colloidal Oatmeal, Aloe Vera and Alpha Hydroxyl Acids soothes, moisturizes and protects skin
- It rebuilds the epidermal layer of skin. Itching, redness and swelling will reduce.
- Discourages the urge to lick, bite or gnaw at affected areas
- Use with Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Conditioner and Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Spray.
Wet coat thoroughly. Apply shampoo and work into a thick lather, massaging well into the coat to saturate skin. Allow to remain on pet for 5-10 minutes. Rinse well. Use twice weekly until irritation subsides. For topical use only on dogs and cats over 12 weeks. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. If irritation develops, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian.
Purified Water, Coconut Oil Based Cleansers, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Colloidal Oatmeal USP, Lidocaine HCL, DMDM-Hydantoin, Lactic Acid, Hydrocortisone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Wheat Germ Oil, Aloe Vera, Caramel Color.